The Practice Team at Wistaria & Milford Surgeries are committed to providing the highest standards of Primary Care in a calm and caring environment. The wellbeing of our patients is our highest priority.
We aim to provide a service that endeavours to treat each patient as an individual, taking into account their cultural, spiritual and social needs.
We seek to promote a high standard of evidence based holistic care. Our Practice Team encourage and support our patients in taking an interest in their own health throughout their lifetime.
Wistaria & Milford Surgeries – our values and principles
Our core values and principles which guide us are:
Patient-centred: Each patient’s individual needs and experience are our first consideration and at the heart of everything we do.
Quality: To provide the highest possible standards of evidence based care and treatment to patients with diversity, equity and equality of access.
Premises: To provide our patients with a clean, modern, accessible and safe environment when they visit us.
Ethical: To work within an ethical frame work at all times through a policy of openness and transparency.
Innovation: To continually innovate to bring about change for the wellbeing of our patients as far as financial resources allow.
Teamwork: To work together and support each other for the benefit of our patients.
Staff: To invest in the development of staff to provide a highly skilled work force. Our staff are expected to display compassion, courtesy, professionalism and integrity in all their dealings with patients & their families and with each other.
We undertake to:
- Treat you with respect, dignity and courtesy at all times.
- Provide a caring environment in which the wellbeing of our patients be of highest priority, with special regard to their dignity.
- Treat each patient as an individual, taking into account their cultural, spiritual and social needs
- Provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner close to home.
- Promote a high of holistic, evidence based care.
- Continually review our practice and adjust this where indicated, keeping up to date with developments in health care by continuing to learn.
- Ensure efficient use of resources and be financially sustainable
- Help you make decisions about your health by treating you as an individual.
- Discuss what treatment options are available and refer you on as necessary and appropriate.
- Act as your advocate and guide, when you need health and social services.
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf.
In return we ask you to:
- Respect our staff; they always try to do their best for you.
- Keep your appointment, or let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
- Only use the out-of-hours services for urgent conditions which can’t wait until the next day or until after the weekend.
- Let us know if you have any suggestions or cause for complaint as soon as possible.
- Please let us know when we have done well.