Do you feel confident representing the views of people living with and affected by diabetes?
Diabetes.org.uk are recruiting for patient representative roles to join the National Diabetes Audit (NDA). This is a rewarding way to really shape diabetes care in England and Wales. One of the world’s largest annual clinical audits, the NDA regularly collects information from GP practices and hospitals to measure how well they are performing. This information is then used to improve care.
They are looking for around 2 to 3 people for each audit. You’ll need to be willing to commit for at least one year. You’ll need to be confident with data and with sharing your views based on your experience of diabetes care. There are meetings online using Microsoft Teams around four times per year. There are also two face-to-face meetings every year, but with the current circumstances, they may need to move online, too. The audits currently recruiting are:
- Gestational diabetes expert reference group
- National Diabetes Inpatient Audit (NaDIA) advisory group
- Young type 2 diabetes sub-group
- Diabetes Prevention Programme/non-diabetic hyperglycaemia audit (DPP/NDH) advisory group
- National Diabetes Transition Audit (NDTA) advisory group
- National Pregnancy in Diabetes (NPID) audit advisory group
- National Diabetes Audit Partnership Board
- Prisons and secure hospitals expert reference group
You can find out more about what is expected and who should apply on our website. Every role is different, and we know they won’t all be right for you. But if one looks interesting, they would really like to hear from you. And if you know someone who fits the bill, please do share it with them.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday, August 28th. The applications may close early if enough people apply, so please don’t delay.
If you have any questions, please contact NDA@diabetes.org.uk and they will do their best to help.