Covid 19 lockdowns have greatly highlighted loneliness and isolation in people of all ages as never before … loneliness is just as distressing as a physical illness
CAN YOU HELP US?
Friends of Wistaria Surgery Befrienders are looking for a volunteer co-ordinator to organise the befriending service and recruit volunteers to visit people who are lonely and isolated and who may have no family at all to support them.
THE ROLE OF THE BEFRIENDERS CO-ORDINATOR
This vital role is not time-consuming, but will be rewarding and involves:
- talking to potential befrienders, arranging an induction and police checks
- responding to referrals from GPs and the Care Navigator
- visiting patients who would love a befriender to find out what they enjoy
- matching patients with befrienders based on shared interests
- informal checks to see all is well with the befrienders and patients who meet.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH IF YOU
- could spare an hour or so regularly to visit someone in their own home for a chat
- know of someone who would appreciate some cheerful company and a chat
- would appreciate a regular visit in your home by someone who you can trust.
All befrienders are interviewed, have a brief induction and a police DBS check
If you can help or if you know of someone who would like a befriender,