We are all excited to hear about the progress of the rolling out of the Covid vaccine and look forward to this improving the quality of life for all of us. We know that you, like us, are struggling with the continued confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The vaccines are still being rolled out in a very strict order, in accordance to age and health conditions.
- Please DO NOT contact the surgery or the hospital to seek a vaccine
- The Practice will contact you when the NHS has informed us that you are eligible or you will receive a letter direct from NHS England inviting you to attend one of the mass vaccination centres.
- Vaccinating Cohort 5
Patients in cohort 5 (people aged 65 – 69) will have received a letter from the national booking system stating that they are now eligible for vaccination, with information about how to book into a vaccination site or a pharmacy. The letter also states that if the patient wishes to be vaccinated by their GP then they should wait to be contacted by their practice. Practices, however, have been told to prioritise patients in cohort 6.
- To be clear, the priority for GP Practices is to continue to invite cohort 6, which is a much bigger group. This includes clinically vulnerable patients with underlying health conditions and patients with learning disabilities.
- Once cohort 6 has been completed we may be in a position to contact unvaccinated patients in cohort 5. This will depend on central vaccine supplies and further instructions for NHS England regarding our next cohorts.
- We would therefore suggest that patients in cohort 5 attend a vaccination centre; there are many other sites other than the BIC, Bournemouth so please keep checking the booking website as you will receive your vaccination sooner by doing this.
- We expect people in cohort 7 to shortly receive similar letters, and the same points with respect to cohort 5 apply to 7.
- In the meantime we are still open if you have any medical concerns and will offer advice via the telephone whenever we can to prevent you leaving home unnecessarily.
Thank you for your patience